On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 12:35:34AM +0900, Kazunobu Kuriyama wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 02:16:56PM +0900, Kazunobu Kuriyama wrote:
> >
> > > how about changing the widths of the two small gvim to another larger
> > > value so that GTK won't complain about it?
> >
> > no, those widths were chosen specifically to fit their contents

> But GTK warned you they were not, didn't it?   Note that the warnings were
> not issued by the code I wrote.  It came from the GTK internal, as I wrote
> previously.  I can't stop them.

> > > You can't make the width smaller than the value proper for your
> > > environments to display the whole menubar, anyway.
> >
> > oh?  I'd say I can, because I am, and I'm getting that ugly warning --
> > as of yet I've seen no ill effects from it, it's just ... ugly

> You won't see any ill effect because GTK ignores the wrong width
> specification.  That's the meaning of "Gtk-CRITICAL"; GTK is going to
> correct the wrong instruction given by the user.

I feel compelled to point out that GTK, for whatever correction it made,
did not alter my requested window width

the two warnings are both coming from one of the three windows, the
narrowest one, my calendar window, which I create with the -geometry
option to be 22 characters wide, and which, when it paints, is exactly
22 characters wide

--