On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 11:38 PM, Ben Fritz <fritzophre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Today I noticed that I can no longer compile gvimext.dll, due to the code
added in patch 724.

> I compile with MinGW as follows:
>
> make -f Make_ming.mak -j%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS% GUI=yes FEATURES=HUGE
PYTHON="C:/Python27" PYTHON_VER=27 DYNAMIC_PYTHON=yes DEBUG=yes
LUA="C:/LUA/lua-5.2.3" LUA_VER=52

> Leading to the following error:
>
> gvimext.cpp: In member function 'virtual HRESULT
CShellExt::QueryContextMenu(HMENU, UINT, UINT, UINT, UINT)':
> gvimext.cpp:654:6: error: 'MENUITEMINFO' has no member named 'hbmpItem'
>
> Commenting out the if (showIcons) code block at line 651 lets the code
compile, but obviously I'm missing that functionality now.

Wow, it's hard to believe this has still not been fixed.

I finally grabbed a git checkout of the Vim source and ran into this again,
because I'd forgotten about my hacked "solution".

The attached patch fixes it in a much better way. For some reason the
makefile for gvimext was omitting _WIN32_WINNT (as suggested by Bram) even
though the makefile for Vim itself sets the value.

I updated the gvimext makefile to more closely match the Vim makefile.