On 12 April 2016, Dominique Pellé <dominique.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> LCD 47 <lcd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Hi LCD,
> >>
> >> It's best if you can provide a completely automated way to
> >> reproduce a crash: a command line using "vim -i NONE -c ... " or a
> >> Vim script. It saves time when trying to reproduce bugs and it's
> >> less ambiguous.
> >
> >     We still seem to be seeing this at different abstaction levels.
> > I'm talking about making sense.  Making crashes reproducible and
> > fixing them should come later.  Getting the wrong result without
> > crashes is somewhat pointless. :)
> >
> >     /lcd
>
> In your description you were very specific, indicating line number 500
> and line 251, so I assumed (perhaps wrongly?) that you could reproduce
> a crash, and that it was not theoretical.
[...]

    No, that was just a mental experiment.  I thought, perhaps wrongly,
that putting that in concrete terms would make it easier to understand.
I can write it in terms of formal specs if you prefer.  I'm supposed to
be a mathematician in real life not a programmer, so I can make it look
as abstarct as you like. :)

    /lcd