Jeroen Budts <jbu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The crash seems to be a bit random, but I trigger it as follows:
> 1. I switch to the tiling layout, which is the second layout in default
> Awesome.
> 2. Then I start Gvim and open a file, such as /etc/xdg/awesome/rc.lua
> 3. Then I start another Gvim and open another file (a markdown file for
> example)
> 4. Then I resize the master pane. Sometimes I have to do it just a few times,
> sometimes I have to hit Mod4+h and Mod4+l at random 50 times and/or switch
> layouts a few times.
> 5. One of both Gvim instances crashes.
>
> I also tried to trigger the crash when Gvim is floating (Mod4 + Control +
> Space) and resizing Gvim with the mouse (Mod4+button3), but I can't seem to
> trigger the crash in this scenario.
>
> Kind regards,
> Jeroen

Hi Jeroen

I finally successfully reproduced the crash on xubuntu-15.10 (32-bits x86)
using awesome in tiled mode and all your plugins.

I was running gvim-7.4.1817 (huge, gtk3 gui). I had 2 gvim instances:
- one with /etc/xdg/awesome/rc.lua  opened
- another with $HOME/.bashrc opened. This instance of gvim crashed
  after several resize.

I don't recall exactly which keys in used in to resize in awesome,
but next time but I think it was Mod+h and Mod+l  (where mod
is the Windows key).

Here is the backtrace in gdb where it crashed:

0x081e147f in in_id_list (cur_si=0x895d308, list=0x3ff00000,
ssp=0x8a61498, contained=0) at syntax.c:6199
(gdb) bt
#0  0x081e147f in in_id_list (cur_si=0x895d308, list=0x3ff00000,
ssp=0x8a61498, contained=0) at syntax.c:6199
#1  0x081d9728 in syn_current_attr (syncing=0, displaying=1,
can_spell=0xbfffeda4, keep_state=0) at syntax.c:2096
#2  0x081d90d5 in get_syntax_attr (col=4, can_spell=0xbfffeda4,
keep_state=0) at syntax.c:1868
#3  0x081e1b6c in syn_get_id (wp=0x82cbed8, lnum=60, col=4, trans=0,
spellp=0xbfffeda4, keep_state=0) at syntax.c:6489
#4  0x081b9f59 in spell_move_to (wp=0x82cbed8, dir=1, allwords=1,
curline=1, attrp=0xbfffee60) at spell.c:2288
#5  0x0819bb7f in win_line (wp=0x82cbed8, lnum=60, startrow=3,
endrow=4, nochange=0) at screen.c:3449
#6  0x08196e97 in update_single_line (wp=0x82cbed8, lnum=60) at screen.c:824
#7  0x08232516 in main_loop (cmdwin=0, noexmode=0) at main.c:1306
#8  0x08231fba in main (argc=3, argv=0xbffff434) at main.c:1051

(gdb) p list
$2 = (short *) 0x3ff00000

(gdb) p *list
Cannot access memory at address 0x3ff00000

Code where it crashes in syntax.c:6199:

  6194     /*
  6195      * If the first item is "ALLBUT", return TRUE if "id" is
NOT in the
  6196      * contains list.  We also require that "id" is at the same
":syn include"
  6197      * level as the list.
  6198      */
!! 6199     item = *list;

I have not had the time to debug yet, but I'll find time later.
I will try to see if it happens with vim in terminal.
I'll also try to remove some plugins to make it easier to reproduce,
but if you can help narrowing down yourself which plugin causes it,
that would save time.

Regards
Dominique