On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 7:29 PM, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> wrote:
> Hi Tony!
[...]
> That has been discussed before:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/vim_dev/HpwZWJojl3E/4zCBH3qWQ5IJ
>
> Best,
> Christian
> --
> Die Vergangenheit sollten wir als Sprungbrett benutzen, nicht als Sofa.

I had forgotten that discussion of 2012 even though I participated in
it, but it has (a few posts down) clear steps to reproduce, and I
thought then, and I still think now, that it is a bug. When an option
has a global setting and a local setting which can (at least in some
circumstances) be different, changing the one via :setlocal or
:setglobal ought never to change the other.

Best regards,
Tony.