On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 12:44:56 PM UTC-4, LCD 47 wrote:

>     By default the status line of the quickfix open shows "[Quickfix
> List]" or "[Location List]", followed by the w:quickfix_title variable
> described above.  Some of the plugins that customize status lines choose
> to ignore that information.  I don't think this is something that needs
> to be fixed in Vim.

That's my point. There is no reliable way to distinguish if we are dealing with
a quickfix or a location window.  Considering that you have to use different
set of
commands to handle these windows, this information has to be easily obtainable.
But
as of right now, it's not the case. w:quickfix_window can be modified, which
means it
is not a reliable source.

Also status line uses buf_spname() function that is not exposed via API and as
Bram
mentioned returns values that are translated.

Regards,
Kent