Thanks for the report and sorry for that. I'll look into it and post an
update.

Best,
Christian

Am 2016-08-31 15:36, schrieb Mike Williams:
Yep, it is a regression introduced by the work for CTRL-N/P with
incsearch in 7.4.2259.

On 31/08/2016 12:09, Mike Williams wrote:
Hi,

I pretty much lurk here these days but remember seeing some discussion
on changes to do with incremental search.  I am seeing strange screen
jumps with incremental search with the current version 7.4.2295.  This
is on on Windows and linux.

The following will reproduce the issue on Windows.  Start in the VIM
source directory and invoke vim with gvim -u NONE -U NONE if_cscope.h.
Next enable incsearch with ":set incsearch" and then start a search with
"/Sto" - this should cause the display to jump to an enum near the end
of the file.  At this point delete the o to leave "/St" as the search
pattern and then hit return to finish the search.  I see VIM jumping
back to the top of the file but with the cursor at the same position as for the search. If then hit j to go down one line vim jumps back to the
end of the file where the original search succeeded.

The action that seems to trigger the unexpected jumps around the buffer is deleting characters from the search pattern. It can be confusing as
the screen doesn't initially display what you are expecting (with the
cursor appearing beyond the end of a line sometimes) and then any cursor
movement cause the display to jump again.

HTH - TTFN

Mike

Mike
--
Tennis racket broken, anyone got a extra cat?