Am 2016-09-01 07:41, schrieb Dominique Pellé:
Manuel Ortega <mannyvim...@gmail.com> wrote:

The docs at :h file-pattern don't mention it, but I seem to be able to use "\=" just fine in autocmd patterns, and it seems to mean what it means in :h
pattern-overview ("zero or one").

For instance, `au SomeGroup *.[xgb]z2\= some_command` will fire on files
with any of the following extensions:

  .xz
  .gz
  .bz2
  .bz

Maybe this a fluke and it's not supposed to work this way. But if it is
supposed to work this way it should be in the docs at :h file-pattern

-Manny

I think that it's not expected and I see it a bug.
glob2regpat() gives what look like unexpected
results for:

:echo glob2regpat('a\=')
Actual: ^a\=$
Expected: ^a\\=$

:echo glob2regpat('a\+')
Actual: ^a\+$
Expected: ^a\\+$

:echo glob2regpat('a\d')
Actual: ^a\d$
Expected: ^a\\d$

And many probably many other cases
where \ is special in regexp, but not special
in glob special characters.

I believe this is not true. The documentation mentions this:
,----[ :h file-pattern ]-
|                                                       *file-pattern*
| The pattern is interpreted like mostly used in file names:
|       *       matches any sequence of characters; Unusual: includes path
|   [...]
|       \       special meaning like in a |pattern|
|   [...]
`----

So one can expect '\=' to work like a regexp pattern.

Best,
Christian