On 2 September 2016, Ingo Karkat <sw...@ingo-karkat.de> wrote:
> On 09/02/2016 09:51 PM, LCD 47 wrote:
> > On 1 September 2016, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Patch 7.4.2299 Problem:  QuickFixCmdPre and QuickFixCmdPost
> >> autocommands are not always triggered.  Solution:  Also trigger
> >> on ":expr", ":cbuffer", etc. (Yegappan Lakshmanan) Files:
> >> src/quickfix.c, src/testdir/test_quickfix.vim
> > [...]
> >
> >     Sadly, this breaks the interaction of "syntastic" with all
> > plugins that hook to QuickFixCmdPre or QuickFixCmdPost.  An example
> > of such plugin is "ferret".  These plugins now have to be fixed to
> > be aware that they may be called from things like :lgetexpr.  I'd
> > argue that running QuickFixCmd* for :lgetexpr makes little sense,
> > since :lgetexpr is almost never called run interactively.  So, was
> > there an actual reason for this change, right before the release of
> > Vim 8?
>
> I use the QuickFixCmdPre/Post to automatically open / adapt the size
> of / close the quickfix window, and therefore appreciate that all
> quickfix-manipulating commands are covered.
>
> The fix of Syntastic should be pretty easy, as one can use the autocmd
> pattern to exclude [cl]getexpr, right?

    Syntastic is at the receiving end of this game, it just runs
:lgetexpr.  All of a sudden :lgetexpr now triggers autocmds in other
plugins, and there isn't anything syntastic can do about that.  Said
plugins need to become aware of the new scope of their harmless little
autocmds, become aware that they are now called from other plugins'
code, and fix the calls, as you say, to exclude [cl]getexpr.  I'm sure
they are all going to be fixed in no time. :)

    /lcd