Hi Bram,

2016/9/7 Wed 6:02:38 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> Hello Vim users!
>

> Announcing:  Vim (Vi IMproved) version 7.4y BETA
>

> This is the second BETA release for Vim 8.  Same files as 7.4x but with
> a few more changes.
>
> Please report anything that isn't right.  That includes a crash but also
> a typo in the documentation or a missing file.
>

> Once you have installed Vim 7.4y BETA you can find details about the
> changes since Vim 7.4 with:
>         :help version8
>
> Note that the reported version is 7.4.2341
>

> Gratitude
> ---------
>
> If you like Vim, please consider helping poor children in the south of
> Uganda: http://iccf-holland.org
>

> Where to get it
> ---------------
>
> The best way to obtain the latest Vim is using Git.  Summary:
>       git clone https://github.com/vim/vim.git
> More information here: http://www.vim.org/git.php
>
> For MS-Windows most of you will want the self-installing executable:
>         ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unstable/pc/gvim74y.exe

I checked gvim74y.exe and found that DirectWrite (DirectX) is not enabled.
Actually I haven't tried to build gvim.exe with DirectWrite support on VC2008.
I have only tested with VC2010 or later, but it would be nice if gvim.exe is
compiled with DirectWrite. If VC2008 has header files for DirectWrite
(d2d1.h, d2d1helper.h and dwrite.h), you only need to add "DIRECTX=yes" to
the command line.

Regards,
Ken Takata