Hi,

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Gerd Wachsmuth
<vim-dev-git...@256bit.org> wrote:
> Let us consider the errorfile errors.err
>
> info bla 3
> more info
> error 2
>
> with the errorformat setting
>
> set efm=%+Eerror\ %l,%-Winfo\ %m\ %l,%Zmore\ info
>
> In the above errorfile, the first line is an information and is ignored
> (%-W), and the second line is a continuation of the first one. At the end,
> we expect that opening vim and calling :cg || copen shows us the error from
> the third line.
>
> Instead, the quickfix window is empty.
>
> If we replace %-W by %+W, we see the information and the error (as
> expected).
>
> Similarly, if we add another error in front of the ignored information, we
> see both errors.
>
> I suspect that the reason is that qfprev is not properly initalized in
> quickfix.c, but I am not sure.

I can reproduce the problem and is reproducible even with older versions
of Vim (7.3). The issue is that the multiline error is started by %W and
ends with %Z without adding any errors. The quickfix list is also empty.
This results in an error processing the %Z line and the error entries after
that are skipped. If there is a valid error before %W or if %+W is used,
then the last error entry is set and it works as expected.

- Yegappan