Hi Christian,

On Thursday, 23 February 2017 21:38:39 UTC, Christian Brabandt  wrote:
> Would you rather not have the first line indented or abort if the indent
> changes the line?

Well, I would rather have the result in the expected.txt file, but taking
your question into account I can assume that's not so easy.

Typically, when doing column insertion every action appears "suspended"
until insertion mode is exited. Would it be possible to queue the call
to 'indentexpr' until that time? And maybe then apply it to all
previously selected lines?

Aborting is too much. For example, when doing column editing and text goes
over 'textwidth' a newline is inserted and what was being edited is simply
lost. This is not ideal behavior, but it doesn't abort. In my opinion,
coherency should be kept in this case.
So, if nothing else is possible I would say that it is best not to indent
at all.

Cheers,
Vitor