Hi!

The Vim documentation says the following under “quote_quote” about the
unnamed register ("):

> Vim fills this register with text deleted with the “d”, “c”, “s”, “x”
> commands or copied with the yank “y” command, regardless of whether
> or not a specific register was used (e.g. "xdd). This is like the
> unnamed register is pointing to the last used register. Thus when
> appending using an uppercase register name, the unnamed register
> contains the same text as the named register.
However, the part with uppercase register names does not work for me
when deleting. I only get the last deleted text into the unnamed
register. For example, when I enter "add and then "Add, register a
contains both deleted lines, but the unnamed register only contains the
last one, although it should contain the same text as register a.
However, things work as expected with the yank (y) command.

I asked on StackExchange why this is and several people told me that
this seemed like a bug to them. So is this a bug? If not, why is Vim
behaving like this?

All the best,
Wolfgang