On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 6:27:27 AM UTC-5, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> Ben Fritz wrote:

> > > It might work to use the QuickFixCmdPost event and check if &filetype ==
> > >
> > > 'qf'
> > >

> > Not if you're trying to respond to a ":copen" command.
> >
> > I have autocmds using window-related commands in a "au Filetype qf" to:
> >
> > 1. detect if it's a location list or a quickfix list (by using :copen and
> > checking if the window changed)
> > 2. resize the quickfix window based on the number of entries
> >
> > These are currently failing because of this change and I don't think there
> > is a good way to accomplish these things anymore.
>
> The resizing should work since 8.0.0688.
>
> If you have remaining problems, please give a reproducible example.

For resizing, if I use "exe 'resize' sizevar", it works.

If I use "exe sizevar 'wincmd _'" instead, it does not work, I get "E788: Not
allowed to edit another buffer now"

For determining whether a quickfix window is a location list or a quickfix
list, is there a different way to do that besides attempting a ":copen"
command? I get the same error for that command, even if I'm already in the
quickfix list and therefore it doesn't even need to switch buffers.