Kazunobu Kuriyama wrote:

> > Patch 8.0.0921
> > Problem:    Terminal window cursor shape not supported in the GUI.
> > Solution:   Use the terminal window cursor shape in the GUI.
> > Files:      src/terminal.c, src/proto/terminal.pro, src/gui.c,
> > src/syntax.c,
> >             src/proto/syntax.pro
> >

> HI Bram and fellow devs,
>
> With this patch, the GTK+ 3 GUI often crashes in a certain case.
>
> How to reproduce:
>
> $ vim --clean -U NONE -g
> :term ++close
> exit    (on the built-in terminal)
>
> At this point, the GUI often crashes immediately.
>
> Side Note: For the same procedure, Vim sometimes works well without crash.
> Also, in some cases rarer than that, it fails to close the terminal and
> ends up a hang-up, running into an infinite loop...
>
> Attached is a backtrace taken since the time when the `exit` shell command
> was typed till the time when the crash took place.  As shown in it,
> color_name2handle() was called with the argument that points to an invalid
> address at that time; that caused the crash at STRCMP().
>
> In the backtrace, the `name` parameter points to 0x7000000000000000, but
> actually the address varied at random each time I took a backtrace.
> Hopefully, that could also help to look into the issue.

I can see what happens, the terminal is closed while waiting for a
character, in that case in_terminal_loop is reset only later.  It needs
to be reset as soon as the terminal is freed.

--
If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
If you only have MS-Windows, you tend to solve every problem by rebooting.