On Sep 1, 2017 03:13, "James McCoy" <james...@jamessan.com> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:36:34PM +0300, LCD 47 wrote:
> On 31 August 2017, Yegappan Lakshmanan <yegapp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You can check for a particular patch [has("patch-8.0.1006")].
> [...]
>
>     Yes, but that has its own set of problems, one of the main ones
> being that this kind of tests mean nothing with Neovim.

That's not entirely true.  We merge patches from Vim and the has()
function continues to report whether a patch is available.  For common
functionality like this, such a check works fine.

The problematic cases are checks for functionality which has divergent
implementations.  Those will properly report "false" while Neovim is in
the same major release that introduced the functionality (e.g., 7.4 for
job control).  However, once there's a bump to the next major release it
will report "true" since we don't maintain a blacklist of patches and
has() rightfully assumes that a greater major version has all the
patches from the previous major version.

has("nvim-0.2.x") can be used as well.

Justin M. Keyes