On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 4:43 PM, Matěj Cepl <mc...@cepl.eu> wrote:
> On 2018-02-28, 11:59 GMT, Christian Brabandt wrote:
>> BTW: there is still an issue open that requests distributing
>> the plugin with Vim. That would be Brams decision however.
>
> Doesn’t patch 1553 make your plugin at least partially
> redundant?

I don't think so, unless you think that it was already "partially
redundant" even without that patch — but the nuance between
"partially" and "totally" makes all the difference. The plugin gives
more info than the g8 command, and it includes much more than just the
:UnicodeName command. The :UnicodeName command (which is what I use
most in that plugin) gives all digraphs, even when more than one are
defined for the same character, and it gives the Unicode codepoint
name without the need to compile the names into the program (the first
time, and when you request it, it downloads the list of names from the
Unicode site into a separate text file: this allows getting names
newly defined by Unicode without the need to change anything in the
plugin). It also gives HTML entities and search pattern items.

But then there are several other commands: look up the description on
the https://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2822 page.

Best regards,
Tony.