> Executing menu command **BEFORE** ":popup" exiting is important because
> following commands can get the result of selected item. if not, every
> following command in the same function behave in the wrong way.

Once, I was trying to call ":popup" in an imap <expr> .. function because I
need a popup menu in insert mode which contains some items like:

- Insert &Date
- Insert &Time
- Insert &Comment block
- ---------------------
- Insert Emoji &Smile
- Insert Emoji &Wrench

Each menu item will just set a global variable to a given number, and commands
after ":popup" will know what item has been selected and do some complex work.

This will help me a lot without leaving insert mode.

But it is impossible to get the result after ":popup" . So, I have no idea
about what to return in my imap <expr> function.

Most vim users are using UltiSnip, to many snip keywords to be remember and
they are easy to be forgotten. UltiSnip uses inputlist() to enable user choose
snippets if they have no idea about what snippets they can input.

But selecting snippets in insert mode with inputlist() is awful, A popup window
in insert mode can emulate inputlist() and let user choose the most often used
snippets.

More friendly to inputlist(), but it is impossible to do such thing in GVim,
because the following command can't get the result of ":popup" command.

--
Popup menus are friendly to new users, an enhanced popup menu is also very
helpful to men with bad memory like me. I always forget some keymaps if I don't

Every time I read "index.txt" I can learn something new and very helpful, then
I want put them in a popup menu and when I share my .vimrc to someone who
haven't read this they can use this menu to discover what they can do
immediately.

Do you think the these cases above can be a good reason to enhance popup menu
and replace GVim's ":popup" with terminal vim's ":popup" ? or to have an new
guioption to disable native Win32 popup window ??