Christian wrote:

> On Fr, 16 Mär 2018, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
>
> > Hmm, that is about updating the documentation.  Does that mean they also
> > implemented new-ui ?
>
> Yes:
> https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=60eb5395fa7a7b8e3cd1841e38b6d1a0c

Right, that explains it.  So we can say "gdb 7.12 required".

Still trying to find a workaround for the problem that sometimes the gdb
console gets stuck at a prompt...

--
Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to
point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very