> On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 09:43:49 UTC+1, ZyX  wrote:
>> > Please find attached png file.
>> >

>> > I am unable to run the plugin "browserlink.vim"
>> > (https://github.com/jaxbot/browserlink.vim). It shows the following error:
>> >
>> > Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system codec
>> > ImportError: No module named 'encodings'
>> >
>> > I have searched for fixing but I don't understand exactly what to do from
>> > the documentation found on StackOverflow and Github issues.
>>
>> 0. Verify that `vim -u NONE -i NONE --cmd 'python print(1)' --cmd qa`
>> or `vim -u NONE -i NONE --cmd 'python3 print(1)' --cmd qa` throw the
>> same error. If neither do then some your configuration is messing your
>> setup.
>> 1. Verify that `python -c 'print(1)'` or `python3 -c 'print(1)'` is
>> *not* throwing this error. If it does then you have a problem with
>> Python installation not related to Vim.
>> 2. Check what is in `:version` output, especially in `vim --version |
>> grep -i python`.
>> 3. `--version` output should normally contain either `+python`,
>> `+python3`, either with `/dyn` suffix or both with `/dyn` suffix. If
>> you have recent Vim and `+python[3]/dyn` then `vim -u NONE -i NONE
>> --cmd 'echo &pythondll &pythonthreedll' --cmd qa` should print to
>> stderr location where Vim expects to find Python library. Without
>> `/dyn` `ldd $(which vim)` should tell where library is. Since error is
>> thrown at initialization stage Vim obviously is able to locate the
>> library, but it should tell you Python versions used.
>> 4. Check that `python --version` or `python3 --version` matches
>> library version (two digits before `.so`). If it does not you most
>> likely need to recompile Vim.
>>
>> If you did not discover problem by then I would suggest to post here
>>
>> - Results from steps 0 and 1.
>> - `vim --version` output
>> - Library names from step 3.
>> - Python names from step 4.
>> - Output of `env | grep '^PY'`.
>> - Whether or not you are using some kind of virtual environment.
>>

>> > --
>> > --
>> > You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
>> > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
>> > For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>> >
>> > ---
>
> First of all, thank you for helping me.  I have followed every step but with
> no success. I began to desperate with vim :) I have always wanted to learn it
> but it seems like everytime I want to run a plugin or set up the vimrc, there
> is at least a problem to fix. Could you advise on how to learn vim properly?
> Is there any great platform you it would get me to learn how to use vim?
> Anyway...

I only started to use Vim some time after I started to use linux. On
Windows I am using Neovim installed through chocolatey, but it is not
set up like my home Vim as I use it significantly less frequently.

> all the results are screenshots. Please do find them attached.

Please do not use screenshots to post text, it is harder to review.
Also you did not post `vim --version` output.

> the `env | gep '^PY' command does nothing.
>
> The answer to the last step:  I am using Windows environment and vim has been
> installed through chocolatey.

It looks like `python` command is Python 3 and you somehow attempt to
setup Python in vimrc because without vimrc Vim is unable to find
library at all. What are those `&python*dll` values if you do not use
`-u NONE -i NONE`? And what is that Python setup in your vimrc?

Also how did you install python? AFAIK chocolatey has Python as well
and I see that Python is updated way more frequently: Vim package was
updated at May 2017, Python-3.6.5 was posted to chocolatey in March
*2018* and this may present a problem despite the fact that your Vim
seems to be compiled against some Python-3.6* (probably 3.6.1).

How are you normally invoking Vim? I see that in the original post
screenshot contains window with Vim icon and screenshot 3.png contains
window with Vim invoked, but without Vim icon. Are you sure that those
are same Vim’s? You can check by comparing `:version` output (after
invoking Vim like you normally do) and `vim --version`, they should be
essentially the same.