On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 12:14:41 PM UTC+13, MathSquared wrote:

> I'm experiencing a very peculiar issue with the sequence of characters
> U+010D, U+0323 (č, combining dot below).

I tried entering those, reproduced the problem (luckily) and thought I'd report
that.  But then it got confusing...

Using the text "loč̣rem ipsum" I see this with "Liberation Mono", a distributed
(I think) font on my Kubuntu 18.10, gvim 8.1.655 with GTK2.  With that font in
Libreoffice Writer, the dot appears correctly.  I tried sizes up to 72 point,
with the same result.  Trying some common fonts at random, with "Monospace",
"Deja Vu Sans Mono", and "Courier", the dot is in the correct place.  As well
as "Liberation Mono", with "Latin Modern Mono" and "FreeMono" the dot is under
the previous character o.

The same text in Kate, the Kubuntu default editor, puts the dot under the next
character (the r above), in all the fonts I tried.  So does Konsole, but xterm
renders it correctly. gedit, the GNOME editor, also shows the dot correctly in
all the fonts I tried.

Weird.

Regards, John Little