Hi, this topic has been dead for ages already but I ended up finding it by
accident due to a related discussion happening elsewhere.

So, I'd just like to share NeoVim as a pretty good solution for this, since it
was born with embedding in mind, and has been used with success in GUI
implementations and for extensions in popular IDEs, breaking barriers and
providing novel forms of vi-like modes in other environments.

No interest in reviving a debate, this message is just for your information.

Cheers