Hello Vim developers,

the JSON filetype is pretty common, so I'd like to mention that the current
author of the JSON syntax script (https://github.com/elzr) doesn't seem to
maintain the plugin any longer, and maybe someone else wants to adopt the
syntax plugin.

Eli's last GitHub contribution was over a year ago, pull requests (like
https://github.com/elzr/vim-json/pull/92) aren't handled, there are currently
30 issues and 5 pull requests open, and many people have already forked the
repo and made private modifications. (Eli also wasn't the original author and
had picked up maintenance from someone else.)

I think good out-of-the-box JSON support is crucial for Vim; the existing
syntax is mostly fine, but could really use some love from a volunteer.

-- regards, ingo
--
  -- Ingo Karkat --  /^-- /^-- /^-- /^-- /^-- http://ingo-karkat.de/ --
  --      https://www.vim.org/account/profile.php?user_id=9713       --