Hi,

Antonio Giovanni Colombo schrieb am 08.05.2019 um 10:37:

> while editing a file (using Vim 8.1.1286) in Windows 10, giving a "zg"
> command to add a word to the wordlist, I get an unexpected message (in
> Italian -- which is fine)
> "E764: opzione 'spellfile' non impostata", and the word is not added to
> the wordlist, even if I had typed
> :set spell spelllang=en
> and the option had evidently been accepted (as shown from the fact that
> only the non English words are underlined on the screen).
> I tried to reproduce the problem under Linux Mint 19.1 (same version of
> Vim), and it works as expected (i.e. the word is added to the wordlist).
> Editing the very same file in the Ubuntu 18.04 APP on the same Windows PC
> also does NOT show the problem. So, it seems to be Windows related. The
> Vim executable has been downloaded from the Nightly "Vim Windows build
> snapshots", i.e. I did not compile it myself (while I did for the Linux
> Mint and Ubuntu versions).

it seems the 'spellfile' option is empty.

Can you check with

    :verb set spellfile

whether and where it has been cleared on your Windows computer and where it
has been set on you Linux machines?

Regards,
Jürgen

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_dev/75a69fad-e951-3dfc-c806-bdf3d4680d77%40googlemail.com.