> This is what popup_notification() is for.  It's not implemented yet
> though.  By default it shows a message for three seconds.  Maybe I'll
> implement a way to close it, so you can keep it up longer.

Thanks, Bram.

I need these messages to appear as the plugin/govim.vim file is being
sourced (because that's when the installation is carried out, if
necessary). Based on what I've seen so far, the Vim "window" is not
visible at this point, I'm effectively still in bash prompt world.
Does that make sense?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_dev/CACoUkn6mDEPxFk9SdbeNPg%3DV2KARHyTRkR-qC-z9NUjkpp6G0Q%40mail.gmail.com.