Hi,

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 11:01 PM Vladimir Lomov <vim-dev-git...@256bit.org>
wrote:

> Hello Yegappan,
>
> This table confirms that when the TERM is set to xterm-kitty (according to
> the kitty FAQ,
> this is the proper value for TERM), the Vim terminal key code translation
> works correctly. For all the other TERM settings, the key code translation
> is not correct.
>
> Do I understand you correctly that test will run successfully only in
> xterm-kitty terminal?

Yes. The TERM variable should be set to the appropriate value to match the
current
terminal. Otherwise the escape sequences sent by Vim will not be properly
interpreted
by the terminal.

> Or vim somehow tries to figure out in what terminal it being run and run
> terminal test using correct terminal keycodes?
>
> I thought that setting TERM=xterm is enough to run tests successfully on
> xterm-compatible terminal.

Even though different terminals claim to be xterm compatible, there are
still
some differences (i.e. they are not fully compatible with xterm).

> I'm a bit perplexed now. I tried several terminal emulators, VT (virtual
> console) but either in kitty or termite itself or when I set
> TERM=xterm-kitty or TERM=xterm-termite this test is passed while other
> variants fail.

For the alacritty terminal, you should set the TERM variable to alacritty.

Regards,
Yegappan