Am 25.05.2020 um 22:35 schrieb Bram Moolenaar:
Yegappan wrote:

To clear the contents of a list named "abc", we can use "unlet abc[:]".
It looks like a similar method for clearing the contents of a dictionary
is not available. We can set the dictionary variable to another empty
dictionary (but it is not the same). Am I missing something?

The "unlet" command would be a weird way to clear a dict.
The suggestion to use filter() works well enough:

        call filter(dict, 0)

Adding a new function isn't really needed, I would think clearing a
dictionary while keeping the identity is rare.

    :h filter()
already mentions this method.

But for 0, a string should be used, similar to searchpair()'s {skip} expression
(which does not accept a number):
    :call filter(dict, "0")

--
Andy