Hello:

For some reason I just cannot find the email that involved the following problem:

   Correct syntax $math$ here
   $\text{(20, 25]}$
   Wrong syntax here...

Anyway, this is a problem with unwanted checking for matched delimiters.  I've now provided more selectivity for matching delimiter checking; one will be able to set

   let g:tex_matchcheck= '[({'

and get the default behavior; remove a delimiter and you won't get the associated matching-delimiter checking. In the case you've mentioned, try putting

   let g:tex_matchcheck= '[{'

along with the latest version of the syntax/tex.vim plugin (http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#SYNTAX_TEX).

Regards,
Chip Campbell