> +1 I would also like the popup to be focusable so that it can be used like
> a normal window/buffer. Neovim doesn't have this issue.
>
> Here is another use case for me. This is vim-lsp
> <https://github.com/prabirshrestha/vim-lsp>  using hover to show
> information about the word under the cursor. Most rust projects have big
> docs including great examples and I would like to move around and copy text
> from popup, search inside the popup and use all my vim knowledge there.
>
> Right now the solution for me is to open the website or use neovim.

I have been thinking of this, but it raises many questions:

- How to focus a popup?  I imagine in most cases you want to switch
  between the current window and the popup, back and forth.  This
  matters especially if you already have a dozen split windows, you
  don't want to cycle through all of them to reach the popup, and you
  don't want to cycle through all windows to end up in the one you were
  coming from.

- If there is more than one focusable popup, how to reach each of them?
  Perhaps some are connected to a specific window (e.g. for completion
  or anchored to text), or some are unrelated to a specific window (e.g.
  help).

- What if the focused popup window closes?  What if it closes while you
  are typing (since they might be under control of some async plugin)?

- How to avoid this turns into an avalanche of more feature requests?
  Aka creeping featurism.

--
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.