cecamp (Vim Github Repository) wrote:

*Describe the bug*
Normally, a multi-line comment in C will show a new "*" at the correct indentation every time a carriage return is entered. However, that is not the case with the attached example file. Instead, extra (unwanted) spaces are prepended prior to the asterisk. Removing a line or two from the example file often shows no initial spacing. (hopefully I've successfully attached cindent-prblm.c and bad.vimrc, because although nominally attached I don't see a confirmation list)

*To Reproduce*
Detailed steps to reproduce the behavior:

 1. vim -u bad.vimrc cindent-prblm.c
 2. Go to bottom of file: G
 3. Append to bottom of file: o
 4. You'll see that, instead of beginning with " * ", the line begins
    with a number of unwanted extra spaces: " * "
 5. I will note that deleting a line in the comment area above
    frequently changes the number of unwanted initial spaces,
    sometimes yielding no initial spaces; ie. "* "

*Expected behavior*
It should start with " * " (or some number of spaces following the asterisk).
You can see what it should start with by

 1. vim -u bad.vimrc cindent-prblm.c
 2. Go to 4th line: 4G
 3. Append: o

*Environment (please complete the following information):*

  * Vim version [e.g. 8.1.1234] (Or paste the result of |vim --version|.)
    VIM - Vi IMproved 8.2 (2019 Dec 12, compiled Apr 16 2021 16:08:47)
    Included patches: 1-2772
    Compiled by c...@sphinx.fios-router.home
    <mailto:c...@sphinx.fios-router.home>
    Huge version with GTK3 GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
  * OS: [e.g. Ubuntu 18.04, Windows 10 1809, macOS 10.14]
    Scientific Linux release 7.9 (Nitrogen)
  * Terminal: [e.g. GNOME Terminal, mintty, iTerm2, tmux, GNU screen]
    (Use GUI if you use the GUI.)
    gnome terminal 3.28.2

Well, that figures. Although I told the tracker to attach the two files, apparently it didn't. So I'll attach them now on the vimdev mailing list. Sorry about that...
Chip Campbell

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_dev/9fa977ec-b92a-af50-c095-2f5bc412de42%40drchip.org.
/* e
 *  A
 *  D
 *  V
 *
 *  T
 *  w
 *  Q
 *  o
 *
 * -
 * E
 * -
 *
 *    ⌠
 *    ⎮
 *    ⌡
 *
 *                          ₓ
 *  I
 *                          ᶜ
 *                                                 t
 *                                               c
 * -
 * A
 * -
 *   α
 *   φ
 *   n
 *
 * -
 * Performance: {{{2
filetype indent on
set cino=>s,e0,n0,f0,{0,}4,^-1s,:0,=s,g0,h1s,p2,t0,+2,(2,)20,*30
set fo=nroql2

Raspunde prin e-mail lui