Hello:

A heads up...

I have my own script which runs latex called s:MakeLatex(early) . Note that it takes one parameter. However, recently, I run the command once and it works; the second time I get a "E118: Too many arguments for function: <SNR>127 MakeLatex . I set up a command "com! LatexFun fun! s:MakeLatex" so that I can see what MakeLatex looks like, and it has been redefined so that it no longer takes any arguments. No, there is no point at which MakeLatex redefines itself. I've found two places where that redefinition occurs:

   sil! cf errors
      sil! cope
      let b:coping= 1

It occurs during the "sil! cope"; removing the sil! shows (during the first try)

   Pattern not found: error:

Actually, there are two such error message lines, but after the first one the MakeLatex function has been re-defined to no longer accept an input argument. I've tried to make a simple example but haven't been able to do so so far, and I won't get back to trying to work on it until Monday at the earliest.

Regards,
Chip Campbell