Christian Brabandt (Vim Github Repository) wrote:

Hm, the tar filetype come from this line in the plugin:

https://github.com/vim/vim/blob/master/runtime/autoload/zip.vim#L118

I don't think this is correct. For the other issue, let me have a quick look

Thanks! I'd completely forgotten about it (set ft=tar) and didn't do a search for it properly (I was looking for setf tar). Anyway, the reason for doing the setting is that the plugin is re-using Bram's tar file syntax highlighting. I've now changed that so it does a "setf zip" followed by a "run! syntax/tar.vim" to get the proper highlighting. The other issue is the important one and its what started misbehaving after I updated vim.

I've got to keep current on vim so as to keep syntax/vim.vim at least somewhat current (amongst other reasons).

Thanks!
Chip Campbell