On 23/01/2022 08:43, Thomas Köhler wrote:
> [...]
> So I type ENTER and ":help E1208" and get this:
> E149: Sorry, no help for E1208
> [...]

I had recently experienced the same, with the error in one of my
plugins, after upgrading to the latest Vim.

> Apart from that, I fail to see what's wrong with line 289 of my
> .vimrc:
> /tmp/vim> cat -n ~/.vimrc | grep 289
>    289  :com! -nargs=0 -complete=command  Tmake call Tmake(expand("%"))
> [...]

The -nargs=0 states that no arguments will be taken. -complete
configures a completion for arguments. It doesn't do any harm (and
therefore wasn't flagged as a problem in the past), but is somewhat
inconsistent.

According to the code (function ex_command() in src/usercmd.c), this is
supposed to be a warning in legacy Vimscript:

        // Some plugins rely on silently ignoring the mistake, only make this
        // an error in Vim9 script.
        if (in_vim9script())
            emsg(_(e_complete_used_without_allowing_arguments));
        else
            give_warning_with_source(
                       (char_u *)_(e_complete_used_without_allowing_arguments),
                                                                   TRUE, TRUE);

However, I also experienced this as an error during Vim startup (and
fixed it by removing that superfluous -complete=...)

-- regards, ingo