Hi all,

Seeking some feedback on how to move forward?

This week, I've been implementing mouse scrolling for vim in MS-Windows
consoles.    Not the gui version, gVim, just the console version.  The
MS-Windows gui version gVim already works for all mouse scroll features.
 Thought it would be nice to get the MS-Windows console version closer to
feature parity wrt mouse scrolling.

So far, I've got...

1.  basic mouse scrolling working - mostly.

- In the old windows console, vertical and horizontal mouse scrolling is
now working fine.

- In the new windows 10+ windows terminal (wt.exe), only vertical scrolling
works, while horizontal mouse scroll events dont seem to come through.

I suspect it might be an issue in the new MS windows terminal code, rather
than in Vim code, so I will check with the windows terminal devs what they
think.  Either way, I will investigate a bit further.

When scrolling with keyboard modifiers (Ctrl or Shift) makes it scroll
faster, page at a time, which is same in xterm.  So, that seems correct to
me.

Just, for comparison, neovim only seems to do vertical scrolling in both
windows consoles. Whereas neovim doesnt seem to do horizontal scrolling in
either consoles.

2. Mapping of scroll events, wrt modifiers - is incomplete.

Mappings only work when there are no modifier keys.  ie;

  "map <ScrollWheel[Up|Down|Left|Right]> [something else]"   // works fine
in the old windows console.
and,
"map <ScrollWheel[Up|Down]> [something else]"  // works fine in the new
windows terminal.  (I believe sans Left|Right is due to limitations
mentioned in 1. above)

But here's the thing, creating a mouse scroll event mapping, with modifers.
Such as <C-ScrollWheel[direction]> doesnt seem to get mapped in windows
consoles - even though the non-modifer mappings are working now - as
described above.  I think I'd like this to work properly as well.

However I'm hesitant about adding to complexity of the mouse code in the
code-base, and want to make sure I'm doing things the most streamlined way
as possible.  So, if there is anyone familiar with this part of the code,
I'd really like some feedback/suggestions as to what is the best way to
move forward here.

Thanks,

Chris Plewright