On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 9:58 PM Ernie Rael <err...@raelity.com> wrote:
[...]
> The interesting thing is that if the vimscript
> exits with an exception or :cquit, then after the bash shell
> script exits, the return code is 1 (as hoped for), otherwise it
> exits with 0. This seems to be undocumented behavior.
[...]
It is documented under ":help :cquit" — I looked for behaviour on :qa
with an uncaught exception but didn't find anything. Maybe that's what
":h v:exiting" covers.
Also, :cquit 5 or :5cquit makes Vim exit with return code 5 (or
similarly for other values). I think that in such a case the bash
script would exit with the return code of the last command it ran but
I'm not 100% sure (another possibility would be 1 for false, 0 for
true, nothing else).

Best regards,
Tony.