On 23/09/10 9:51 AM, Christian Brabandt wrote:
On Sa, 09 Sep 2023, Ernie Rael wrote:

Hi all,

I'll often do:

    make $(ls test_vim9*.vim | sed 's/\.vim$//' | grep -v vim9_builtin)

I need to exclude test_vim9_builtin because I typically get the errors, see
below. Any idea on what's going on?

-ernie

Found errors in Test_remote_expr():
Not sure how you run it,

I do

   make test_vim9_builtin

If I run a shell script

   unset DISPLAY
   make test_vim9_builtin

The error does not occur. Thanks.

This, explains (I'm waving my hands) that when doing `make test_vim9_builtin` some random gvim pops up to the foreground. Out of curiosity, I'll look at Test_remote_expr (or at least put it on a todo list) since I have no idea what feature I'm unfamiliar with is being tested.

-ernie

but it seems Vim cannot connect to another Vim
Server. Perhaps trying unsetting $DISPLAY (or not running it in your X11
session).

Best,
Christian