On 2023-09-25, errael wrote:
>     I thought it was supposed to work that way. It is handy to be able to
>     scroll the two windows independently by just clicking and moving the
> mouse.
>
> I actually was using that feature today. I'd never know explicitly about it,
> and was surprised, but it was very handy.

I did a little looking.  The current behavior is described in ":help
scroll-binding".

    When using the scrollbars, the binding only happens when
    scrolling the window with focus (where the cursor is).  You can
    use this to avoid scroll-binding for a moment without resetting
    options.

Therefore, this proposed "fix" should not be accepted.

Regards,
Gary