On Do, 15 Feb 2024, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When you submit a new PR, after the CI tests are successfully
> completed, the coverage
> information is shown in the PR diff page.  Can you please go through
> that and make sure
> that most of the newly added or modified lines are covered by tests?
> If not, please add
> additional tests to make sure that the newly added lines are covered by tests.
> In addition to the functional tests, also make sure to add tests for
> invalid arguments
> and negative/boundary conditions.
>
> A lot of effort has gone in the last few years to add a significant
> number of tests to cover
> most of the Vim code base.  Let us make sure that this doesn't regress.
>
> The latest coverage information is available at
> https://app.codecov.io/gh/vim/vim.
>
> The instructions to generate the coverage information in a Linux system is at:
> https://github.com/vim/vim/blob/master/src/Makefile#L668

Thanks Yegappan,
that is true and I am trying to merge only when we have tests (even so
we could probably have more tests and I did not concentrate on the
coverage information).

However I noticed that the coverage information is a bit flaky,
sometimes it drops unexpectedly even when I am sure I added a tests just
for a specific patch. That is a bit annoying.

Let me try to be more careful when merging new patches.

Thanks,
Christian
--
Coding is easy;  All you do is sit staring at a terminal until the drops
of blood form on your forehead.