On Sat, Aug 24, 2024 at 4:24 PM Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> wrote:

> On Fr, 23 Aug 2024, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>
> > Hello, I just noticed that the module gui_xim.c is included even in
> > Vim without GUI, where AFAICT no other GUI module is compiled-in. Is
> > this normal ?
>
> It seems this is mainly for 'imactivatefunc' and for switching the input
> method e.g. using `Ctrl-^`.
>
> Thanks,
> Christian

I never use 'imactivatefunc' and I only use 'iminsert' (or the
equivalent) to switch a keymap on or off.

I've tried adding
    export CONF_OPT_INPUT='--disable-xim'
to my configurations according to what is said in the src/Makefile at
lines 496 sqq. and as a result (after "make reconfig") my builds are
now compiled with -xim but they can still use my keymaps correctly
(including those with a pluricharacter {lhs} which is tantamount to a
dead key). gui_xim.c is still compiled-in though.

Well, if you tell me that it is normal I won't lose sleep over it.

Best regards,
Tony.