Hello,

Small problem I think could be MacVim related, but I'm not certain.
Omni completion in rails files is currently broken for me, using the
latest snapshot, and macvim complains of an out-of-date gem version...

"-- Omni completion (^O^N^P) -- Searching...Rails requires RubyGems >=
1.3.1 (you have 1.0.1). Please `gem update --system` and try again.
Error loading rails environment"

Of course, this is the builtin gem version found in /usr/bin/gem, but
I have macports gem installed at 1.3.1, and all the required paths are
in place.

$ /usr/bin/gem --version
1.0.1
$ which gem
/opt/local/bin/gem
$ gem --version
1.3.1

>From within macvim, things like :ruby require 'rubygems', and :!which
gem work fine, and report the correct version. One of the things I
liked most about macvim was that when launching even from the dock, it
preserves this environment info.

rubycomplete_rails and rubycomplete_buffer_loading are both true.

So, I'm a little lost. Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks for any pointers,
Jason.