Brian L. Matthews wrote:
>> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Working_with_CSV_files
>
> Cool. I don't work with csv's a lot, but when I do that will
> be really useful. I saved the script to csv.vim, but I had to
> put it in ~/.vim/plugin, not ~/.vim/ftplugin as the page
> says. I'm using vim
> 7.2.22 on Mac OS X Tiger built from cvs with ./configure
> --disable-gui --enable-multibyte.

It really should work by putting csv.vim in the ftplugin directory. You need
also to
enable file type detection as vaguely outlined in the tip.

If you have ftplugin/csv.vim but no detection, you should still be able to
enter the
following when you are editing a CSV file:

:set ft=csv

I hope that works.

John