On 1/12/09, Yue Wu wrote:

> It's too complicated, if I want to save/restore highlight for others,
>  it would need a big change. No other simple and generic way?

Well, using synIDattr() you should be able to get all the information
you need about any highlight group; which you can use to save it and
restore it later.  CSApprox can serve as an example of gathering that
info (s:Highlights()).  Though it never restores them it does use a
dictionary with the same sort of structure as s:Highlights() returns
to set colors later (s:SetCtermFromGui()).  My way is even more
complicated than Tony's, but is by necessity completely generic, and
doesn't rely on :redir (which is very slow, and is non-trivial to
parse).

~Matt