I use

" system clipboard copy-paste (copy in visual mode, paste in normal)
vmap <C-c> y:call system("xclip -i -selection clipboard", getreg("\""))
<CR>:call system("xclip -i", getreg("\""))<CR>
"nmap <C-i> :call setreg("\"",system("xclip -o -selection clipboard"))
<CR>p

and it works (just pasted this from vim). You have to install xclip
package (I found it in my Fedora repository).
How it works: select text and then Ctrl-c - selection disappears and
you can paste it anywhere by clicking the center mouse button (or how
your system configured).
I commented out Ctrl-i because it was not necessary to paste from-to
this way (Shift-insert works nice in this direction) and it did not
worked well.

Best regards. Alexey.