On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Frans Grotepass
<fmgrotep...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> cindent is on. Switching to nocindent solves the problem. What happens is the
> following (with
> tabwidth set to 4.
>

> blablabla,
>     bla
>
> instead of
>
> blablabla,
> bla
>
> the comma and open bracket "(" cause problems. "{" does not behave like in C.

I wasn't disputing the fact that the setting is enabled in your setup.
 I was trying to help you discover where it is being set at.  The
commands I suggested were intended to accomplish that.  Please run
them.

If their output doesn't make sense to you, please post it back to the
list and we'll attempt to decipher it for you.