Hi,

I've checked the docs on the ruby scripting features in vim but I
cannot find a way to retrieve the visual selection area in either
VIM::window or VIM::buffer. Is there any way to do this or any easy
workaround for this?

As an example I would like to be able to visually select an area and
invoke a ruby script that would add a comment line to the top and
bottom of the selection (while of course preserving undo history).
Also I would like to be able to select an arbitrary area and execute a
ruby script that could search in for certain characters in the area.

/Anton