I'm becoming more familiar with the syntax file format but I'm still pretty
new at this!

I have a file format that is organized like the following:

begin procedure <string>

  multiple_procedure commands

  begin region <string>

     multiple_region_commands

  end [region]

end [procedure]

The <string> values are variable but required and white space is allowed.
The keywords in the square brackets [ ] are optional.   There are multiple
commands that are only valid in the scope of only the procedure or region.
The separate block types are not recursively defined.

I would like to get syntax highlighting for the scope delimiters and correct
syntax highlighting for the commands that are acceptable in a given scope.

Does anybody have any direction on how I could proceed to create this kind
of syntax file?

   Thanks,
     Karl