On Mar 30, 11:17 pm, Rich Healey <healey.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I’m writing trigger functions for my postgreSQL database using
> plPython, what this means is that I want vim to highlight everything
> up until a line with just
>
> $BODY$
>
> As SQL, then it should highlight everything until the next $BODY$ line
> as Python.
>
> The $BODY$ convention is mine, I would like longterm to make it a bit
> more flexible so that I can distribute it without the ugly caveat of
> having to adhere to my conventions.
>
> I've got the sql.vim and python.vim files open and am looking through
> them, but I can't see any obvious way to make it switch at the
> markers.

http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Different_syntax_highlighting_within_regions_of_a_file

By the way, I searched the wiki for "different syntax region" knowing
I wanted this page, but it wasn't in the top hits.

What search terms would people expect to use to find this file? We can
create a few redirect pages to help you find it.