On May 16, 4:10 am, "Sabo" <sabo0...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can i prevent that gvim opens a file in directory window ?
>
> if i show directory and i doubleclick a file. this file is opened in
> directory window.
> Is it possible with a setting that this file is opened in an another window ?

I assume by "directory window" you're referring to the Netrw window.
Netrw is a plugin that ships with Vim that will (among many other
things) show you the directory contents when you try to :edit a
directory instead of a file.

>From :help netrw-browse-maps, you can see that simply pressing your o
key on a file name will open the file in a new window. There are other
maps too if this isn't exactly what you were looking for.

Also, you may want to try the NERDTree plugin if all you need is local
file browsing: