Hi vimmers!

I often write assignments using Vim, so I like to use visual word wrapping
instead of hard breaking the line at a given text width. To do that I use:

set formatoptions=l
set lbr

However, when using a maximized GVim window (in the Gnome desktop) I often
see the last two or three characters in a line disappear behind the scroll
bar. I know this probably is a bug in Gnome and thus nothing has to do with
Vim, but it's still annoying.
So I was wondering if it there is something like 'set wrapmargin' that would
just visually word wrap a given number of characters from the windows
border? Or alternatively, visually word wrap at given text width?

Kind regards,
Kristoffer