> Hello Tim, you are a good man!  You solved my problem.  Since you knew the
> answer to that, perhaps you could help me with this even easier question:
>
> How do you get rid of the "# files to edit" message that always scatters my
> terminal whenever I do this?

I'm not sure this is an easier question...I know the answer to
your first one :)

If your message is verbatim such as "3 files to edit", it should
be printed on startup but then clear when vim finishes
I've never seen a way to disable this.

If it's actually "3 *more* files to edit" which is given on
quitting if you haven't visited all the files, I'm not sure
there's a way to disable this other than to quit as previously
suggested.

-tim